1st SUNRAISE MOOC is now available
1st SUNRAISE massive open online course “Sustainable Development of Mountain Territories in the Context of the Concept of Ecosystem Services” has been jointly developed by Gorno-Altaisk State University and Kumaun University.
The course is offered free of charge. It is accessible all year round (no exact starting days), 24 hours a day, and 7 days a week. The language of the MOOC is Russian; its English version will be launched a bit later. In order to register for this MOOC, please follow the link: http://sunraise.gasu.ru/.
This educational resource is intended for university students, schoolchildren, teachers and a wide range of people interested in the issues of sustainable development of mountain territories and ecosystem services.
The MOOC includes 6 topics, each consisting of:
- an introductory video;
- a texts for reading with interactive links which help to understand the meaning of the new scientific terms, study in detail one or another aspect of the given topic, and get to know basic documents in the sphere of sustainable development of mountain territories and ecosystem services;
- a presentation summarizing the information the students have seen and read;
- a short test for self-control.
After completing the course, the students should do a final test covering all topics:
- General characteristics of mountain territories;
- Biological diversity of mountain territories;
- Global significance of mountain territories;
- Ecosystem services: essence and history of development;
- Economic valuation of ecosystem services;
- Degradation of ecosystem services: causes and consequences.
We invite everyone to join this course!